It’s crucial to start your day right – with a healthy, delicious breakfast in one hand and a beverage in another. Studies have shown that people who skip breakfast have a higher risk of developing diabetes, high cholesterol and even problems with memory. They also have a harder time losing excess weight and may, in fact, gain weight around the stomach area more easily!
A solid breakfast, on the other hand, helps kick-start the organism, regulates blood sugar, boosts energy levels, lowers cholesterol, curbs fatigue and even improves short-term memory. Likewise, eating a healthy breakfast every day can actually help you lose that excess belly fat.
The Perfect Breakfast Idea
If you have a hard time deciding what to eat in the morning, here is one idea that will not only satisfy your appetite, but also boost your health and help you start your day right.
This nutrient-rich breakfast is full of vitamins and minerals, healthy fats, fiber and protein, so feel free to eat it any day of the week!
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (or a sugar-free plant milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- ½ cup fresh blueberries (or any other fruit of your choice)
- 1-3 tablespoons of raw honey (preferably Manuka).
- Put your oats in a pot, add water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let the oats cook for a minute or two more, until they’re soft.
- Remove from heat and add the rest of the ingredients, except for berries, stirring well.
- Let the oatmeal sit for about 5-10 minutes, then add your blueberries or other fruit, and consume.
This breakfast is absolutely perfect to start your day with, as it’s high in fiber, especially soluble fiber (beta-glucan), omega-3 fats, vitamins, minerals and various antioxidants, and finally protein. Add a cup of hot coffee, green tea or orange juice to this deliciousness, and you got yourself the most perfect, creamy, healthy breakfast!