Thyme has been around for centuries and it is proven that it can do amazing things. Thyme essential oil can be used as the anti-rheumatic, antiseptic, anti-fungal and anti-parasitic agent. In the past people mixed thyme and lavender and used it to cover floors of churches to remove unpleasant odors. It has also been used to prevent infections and relive pain.
Better Than Ibuprofen
When it comes to pain relief, studies proved that thyme oil is better than ibuprofen. Оne research included 84 ladies (between 15-24 years) with difficult menstruation. All suffering from dysmenorrhea, they showed symptoms such as back pain, nausea, dizziness and headaches. The results showed that thyme essential oil is better solution for this unpleasant condition.
Health Benefits of Thyme Oil
This oil can serve as a tonic. It tones up the hearth, circulatory, digestive and nervous system, as well as skin and muscles.
With this oil you can treat obstruction of circulation and accumulation of uric acid in your blood. They both cause arthritis, gout and rheumatism. This way you will improve your circulation, and rheumatism will disappear.
Thanks to its great antiseptic properties, thyme oil can be used it in treating wounds too. It’s even healthier than products offered on the market, as it has Caryophyllene and Camphene in it.
For those who have low blood pressure, thyme keeps its balance in natural way.
Additional uses of Thyme Oil
- In order to stimulate menstruation or missing periods, massage with thyme oil.
- Effective in treating nail fungus, warts and acne.
- Used as natural insect repellent.
- Thymol, the active compound in thyme oil, protects healthy fats in cell membranes and also facilitates healing by increasing the blood circulation to the skin.
- It relieves gout, sciatica, muscle pain, rheumatic pain, sprains, and sports injuries.
- Diuretic properties of thyme oil are beneficial in treatment of bladder infections and the urinary tract
- Stir in thyme with lavender, rosemary and cedar wood in a mixture of grapeseed and jojoba oil to treat Alopecia areata.
- You can put on undiluted thyme essential oil on athlete’s foot, boils animal and insect bites. After this, make sure you protect the skin with some cream.
- It blends well in combination with lemon, lavender, bergamot, pine and grapefruit.