Adding banana to your daily diet effects with numerous benefits on your overall health. This yellow fruit is packed with vitamins, nutrients, minerals and natural sugars like sucrose and fructose, as well as fibers too. That’s why it’s considered as super food.
The facts for bananas are:
- Calories- 89
- Cal. From fat -3
- Total fat- 0
- Saturated fat-0
- Trans fat-0
- Sodium-1 mg
- Carbs- 23 g
- Fiber- 3g
- Sugar-12 g
- Protein – 1 g
- Vitamin A- 1%
- Calcium- 1%
- Vitamin C-15%
- Iron- 1%
Statistics say that banana is the most consumed fruit in the USA, even more than apples and oranges. Most of the consumers prefer to consume them while they are still green, however, if the banana stays for little longer (gets brownish or with spots), it’s even more beneficial for our organism. That’s because the levels of TNF are increased.
What TNF means?
Bananas that have dark patches on the skin, produce more TNF (Tumor Necrosis Factor), which have the ability to combat abnormal cells and also promote good links between the healthy cells in our body. These bananas strengthen our immune system and boost white blood cells, too.
Some studies shows that riper bananas with large amounts of TNF have the ability to slow down tumor growing (and even stop it), by creating apoptosis cell death.
Other reasons to eat this fruit:
- Blood pressure and heartburn: you will protect your hart and pressure, as bananas contain low sodium levels and lot of potassium.
- Energy: It gives your body quick energy as it’s full of vitamins and minerals. One banana before or after workout will do the job.
- Against anemia: bananas supply your body with lot of iron. This means more hemoglobin and red blood cells, which results with stronger immunity.
- For ulcers: there are some foods that have to be avoided if you suffer from stomach ulcers, however, you can always eat bananas and have no stomach pain. Bananas are smooth and soft for consuming and they protect and soothe the inside lining.
- For depression: it includes tryptophan, which activates the serotonin (which is known as natural mood stabilizer).
- Against constipation: it relives constipation as it has great content for bowel improving movements.
- No PMS problems: Banana contains lot of vitamin B that relaxes your nervous system.
- Good basal temperature: This super fruit controls your body temperature, no matter which season you take it.